PhenomenAwesome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Time zone on the clan settings
Barrows Guide EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:09 pm by Guest

» To link a thread to the clan vex
Barrows Guide EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 12:42 am by Guest

» google doc spreadsheet shows changes in clan
Barrows Guide EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:25 am by Guest

» Sneizure loves the Milestone capes
Barrows Guide EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:51 pm by Guest

» FORUM UPDATE!!!!! W/ POLL (COME CHECK IT OUT)
Barrows Guide EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 3:00 am by WealthRS

» Post Ranks
Barrows Guide EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:54 pm by WealthRS

» Tydye"s skill training
Barrows Guide EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 1:14 am by WealthRS

» Signature Service (free service)
Barrows Guide EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 10:48 pm by Guest

» Queen Black Dragon Guide (using minimal gear is included)
Barrows Guide EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:34 pm by WealthRS

Top posters
WealthRS
Barrows Guide Vote_lcapBarrows Guide Voting_barBarrows Guide Vote_rcap 

Top posting users this week
No user

Top posting users this month
No user

Barrows Guide

Go down

Barrows Guide Empty Barrows Guide

Post by WealthRS Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:44 am

Barrows Guide 2gtrvxv
Has Barrows become more difficult for you? Do the Barrows brothers keep killing you? Have you lost all hope to ever complete another Barrows run? Well, fear not! Because I am here to help!

Despite their being a lot of methods to kill the Brothers, this is a general idea on what's best for them. Food, armor and weapons should be adjusted for what you have.

For those who are new to barrows, here's a few ways to get there:
Barrows Guide 2ppcvip
As you can see, some ways have different requirements to get to barrows. Red is the fastest method as it teleports you right outside the gate.

The way you play the activity is simple, kill all but one of the Barrows Brothers, go into the Crypt and find the last Brother or chest ( he will appear when looting chest) then claim your loot and teleport out.

To better know which mound has which Brother, lets look at a map:
Barrows Guide 2v2y052
Remember, to kill Akrisae, you MUST finish Ritual of The Mahjarrt.

So, lets get get into what gear to use:

Naturally, you will want to use what best hurts each brother ( their weakness) but brining armor and weapons for each style hurts inventory space,
so I recommend Melee and Magic gear as shown here:
Barrows Guide 27wt4eh
Now we all can't afford bandos, chaotic maul and ganodermic, so feel free to bring your own melee and magic armor, just switch out the gear for say dragon armor and Saradomin sword,and gano for mystic + elemental staff, just don't forget your runes or ammo.

I prefer the polypore spell, as it needs no runes, but the elemental spells only need 2 spaces, 1 if using an elemental staff, such as Air Staff.

Amulets is best what you can get a hold of, like a fury or glory. The Desert Amulet works well also.
Barrows Guide Iyigy0
Capes should be a hybrid cape, like a skill cape or the Ardounge Cloak 1-4 as it boosts melee, magic and range critical hits.
Barrows Guide Mw9z68
The best teleport is the Draken's Medallion or a one click teleport ring, like the Ring of Kinship or house tablets. Of if you have no better option, use a Ring of Slaying to get near Canifis.
Barrows Guide 154k0p0
Gloves are the same way, Culinmancer's Gloves 10 are best, rather than metal or cloth gloves.
Barrows Guide 2ntwm6t
Aura wise, it depends on your own needs. For extra healing and those who cant use Soul Split, Vampryism is best. Those with better armor and Soul Split should use Reverence to slow down prayer drain.

Boots can vary, as you have to choose one for a certain style of combat. Pick one for the lower level combat style your using, to help when using that style.
Barrows Guide 2ajx7px
For those that wish to use abilities, the best idea is to use 2 styles with 2 handed weapons.

Melee bars can look similar to this:
Barrows Guide 2ir6byb
* Smash can now temporary drop Akrisae's prayers.

Magers can go by this example:
Barrows Guide Vfdqom

Finally, i found this range bar very helpful:
Barrows Guide 2m2gpp5

Moving on, lets get to killing the Brothers and claiming that loot!

Be wary traveler, ye connection to the gods is consumed without usage under these lands.

The dangers of Barrows do not rest just upon combat as while in each of the mounds or tunnels, your prayer will be drained. This is troubling most for Dharok, as he hits harder with lower HP.

*Those fighting Akrisae need to swap between 2 styles of combat to keep up with his protection prayers.*

Barrows Guide J0v878
You'll want to start off with DH so that way your prayer is full and you don't need to worry about him hitting high, then move on to Ahrim so he wont lower your stats below your base level.
You can then choose which tomb to strike next, but i use one of the methods above to make sure I hit them all.

Despite Ahrim being weak to range, i use magic instead of bringing range armor, bow and a range pot for him.

*When you find a empty tomb, go to the next mound and wait until that's the last Brother before going in*

Upon entering the crypt, you'll be in one of the 3x3 rooms excluding the center. You have to find a way to the center, only 1 door can let you in.
Barrows Guide 24qpg1d
You will also find several npc's that roam the rooms and tunnels, killing them can help your chance for a better reward. They don't pose much of a threat unless your defense level is low, you can just ignore them if you wish.

Finding the correct door can be tricky, just keep in mind where the center is and right click each door to see if you can move in that direction.
Barrows Guide S58ot5
Once you find the door, you'll be given 1 out of 4 puzzles to solve to unlock the door. Failure means the door re-sets and must be found again.

When door is unlocked, move into the final room to (the last brother will spawn at chest if not killed) claim your loot and teleport out!

Rewards:
Barrows Guide Qz3woh

Remember to adjust each part to match your own weapons,armor and supplies to match what you have.
WealthRS
WealthRS
Owner
Owner

http://http:/phenomenawesome.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Barrows Guide Empty Re: Barrows Guide

Post by Guest Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:50 am

Thank You for explaining barrows.

Back to top Go down